Vitamin C is a type of soluble vitamin known for preventing scurvy. Not only helpful in curing scurvy, vitamin C is also very much helpful in growth and good repair of tissues. Moreover, vitamin C is also important for various other metabolic processes of the body and this is the reason why it is important to have a proper and good intake of foods and fruits in your diet that are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C also plays a vital role in healing of wounds and repairing of bones and muscles. Making it easier for you to choose the best Vitamin C Fruits and Vegetables, here is a list for you that include basic and easy available fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C. Taking good amount of fruits and vegetable that are rich in vitamin C can help you stay a healthy life and cure a lot of health issues.
1. Guava: Guava is one of the best fruit that is rich in Vitamin C. talking about the amount of vitamin C that 100 gm. of guava provides than it is around 228 mg. , so make it a habit of eating guava regularly not in a same form but in different form like guava juice, guava jam and in fruit salads.
2. Peas: Green peas are a good source of nutrients and especially plant based nutrients and also good source of iron and vitamin C. Other than that it is also very helpful in reducing risk of cancer depression etc. so after knowing its benefits for your health use fresh green peas in your pastas, soups and with other vegetables and get benefited with its qualities.
3. Red & yellow bell Pepper: The vegetables that are considered the best for vitamin C as these contain the highest amount of vitamin C among the category of vegetables. So, adding red and yellow bell pepper in your pasta pizza and other dishes helps you to intake more vitamin c. Moreover, it adds an extra and a good taste to your meal.
4. Parsley: One of the herb that is rich in Vitamin C. A tablespoon of herb leaves contains almost 5gm of vitamin C. apart from this parsley is a good herb to add on in your vegetables as it give a different but a good flavor to the vegetable and not only this, vitamin c also helps to boost up the immune power. So, parsley is a herb that gives you various good benefits and vitamin C is one of them.
5. Broccoli: Broccoli is one of the food ingredient that always comes on the top of the healthy food list and this contains good amount of Vitamin C that is around 80-90gm. So add this super food in your healthy food wish list and get various benefits. What you can do is eat it with other roasted vegetables, or add it in your smoothie or soup.
6. Green chili: Surprising! But yes green chilies are really a better food ingredient in terms of providing Vitamin C and even better than lemon. 100 gm. of green chilies contain 242 mg. of Vitamin C. So now add green chilies in your vegetables to get the proper amount of vitamin- C from green chilies.
7. Kiwi: This tropical food is loaded with Vitamin C and has different and a unique taste of sweet and sour. A kiwi provides approximately 70-80gm of vitamin c and apart from this kiwi is also rich in vitamin A, calcium, magnesium and fibers. So, have it in form of smoothie or in your fruit salad to get amazing benefits and necessary nutrients from kiwi.
Apart from the above list of best Vitamin C Fruits and Vegetables, there are some other too that gives amazing health benefits as well as they are also rich in Vitamin C. these are some of the common Vitamin C Fruits and Vegetables that one can easily add on in their diet and this list includes: